View Full Version : Terrain effects?
12-14-2011, 04:19 PM
so guys,what do you think about terrain effects,
you know,like infantry can hide in the trees(kinda like WIC),or places where tanks can't move,or places where inf. can't crawl,or bonus range from hills(however they must be a min. range to make it somehow realistic),or something like that.
so would you guys like something like that?
also post your ideas
12-14-2011, 04:36 PM
No about the bush hiding part, it's kinda not so war like for someone to hide behind trees lol. About the high ground part either this make it like SC2 that high ground can shoot down, but you can't shoot abck unless you got vision, or add some small range like you said ...
12-14-2011, 06:09 PM
not war like for someone to hide behind trees? aren't infantries trained to conceal themselves in whatever ? And we are talking about entire forests here aren't we ?
12-14-2011, 07:28 PM
The RTS map is just as crucial a component of gameplay as are the factions, structures and units. Yet they remain the most unevolved feature of this genre. Any proposal to make the battlefield highly interactive by adding new gameplay elements to the map environment is welcome.
1) Forests: Infantry can move through and hide within providing a cover/damage deflective bonus. Vehicles are obstructed.
2) Grass, wheat and corn fields: Reduces visibility of all units within them.
3) Swamps, bogs and sand dunes: Vehicles can move through these terrains unimpeded but infantry are slowed to a crawl.
4) Bridges: Should be destroyable and repairable. Possibly collapse on and destroy units below it.
5) Mountains, canyons and cliffs: Slopes should be traversable for mountain scaling commandos and motorbikes. Most other units are obstructed.
6) Garrisonable structures: Infantry should be able to garrison and fight from within buildings. Clearance of enemy garrisons should be accomplished either by having your own infantry enter the building and fight for control over it such as with Generals 1 Chinook repelling mechanic, or the use of clearance weapons. Flame, toxin, flashbang, nuclear and bunkerbusters are special clearance weapons which should return from Generals 1.
7) Structural ruins: Destroyed civilian buildings should leave a husk of ruins through which only infantry can move and fight. When towering structures such as the minarets from Generals 1 collapse they should do so at an angle so that it flattens/destroys any units in its path. This rubble may also be strewn across roads causing an obstruction and gridlock for advancing vehicles.
8) Environmental props such as civilian cars, shipping containers, barrels, walls etc: Provide cover from line of sight damage. Civilian cars and fuel barrels may explode in a cascade.
9) Base structures and defenses:Provides cover from line of sight damage.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.