First the background:
- I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit OS
- I am using RA3 version 1.12
- I have no problems running the game at all.
- I have 2 hard drives (C and D)
- My game is located: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Red Alert 3
- Mod build file is located : D:\Users\Chris\Documents\Mods\mymod
- Mod SDK is located: C:\RA3 MOD SDK
What I am trying to do:
- change the build time and cost of an allied power plant in Skirmish
What have I done:
- downloaded and installed RA3 Mod SDK and associated files.
- created a new folder called "mymod" in C:\RA3 MOD SDK\Mods\mymod
- created a folder "data" in C:\RA3 MOD SDK\Mods\mymod
- copied AlliedPowerPlant.xml from C:\RA3 MOD SDK\SageXml\Allied\Structures
- changed properties and declicked "read only"
- Edited xml file as follows:
- Note all I changed was the build time and cost.
- Copied Mod.xml from C:\RA3 MOD SDK\Mods\samplemod\data
- pasted in C:\RA3 MOD SDK\Mods\mymod\data
- Changed properties and declicked "read only"
- Edited as follows:
- Saved and closed
- I then ran EALAModStudio and built mod (with no errors) although during the build it kept saying "BinaryAssetBuilder has stopped working" but then it seemed to right itself and completed the build
c:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Red Alert 3> RA3.exe -modconfig "D:\Users
Game starts with no errors, I go to Skirmish mode and nothing has changed..........
Sorry for very long post but I wanted to give all the information to show I wasnt being lazy and had indeed tried.
If anyone can help with this very basic mod to get it working i would appreciate it!