C&C GAMES  

chaos13125_legacy

• chaos13125

Private

C&C Generals: Zero Hour - Multiplayer not working [Servers down?]

20 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

Hello,

I've been playing Generals Zero Hour for years now, ever since I first played RA2 in 1998. I play Generals: Zero Hour almost every other day, online. When I went to play Generals: Zero Hour on August 19, 2012 it was checking for updates for about a whole 60 seconds which I knew was not normal after checking for updated for a whole 5 seconds. After it checked for updates for about 60 seconds it told me this
Posted Image
(Unable to establish a connection with Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour servers. Please check your internet connection.)

Now after I saw that I choose to wait a few hours and see if it was my own self issue, *few hours later* I turn my computer back on and once again try to play and still doesn't work... So I googled to see if the servers are down but no result. So I asked my friends if they were able to play and they said "nope". So I try the original Generals to see if I could get on that, and still no success. So then I thought maybe if they stopped supporting Generals and Generals: Zero Hour they most likely shut down XWIS too, so I got on RA2 and it worked fine. So now I start wondering why this thing is not working, and I thought maybe if I called EA support I would get help... then I repeated to myself "lol contact EA support for help... that's totally going to get me some where".

So here I am trying to get a solution for my issue. If any has any knowledge on why the servers are down, that would be really helpful, thank you.

**EDIT: I made a HD video of my problem so maybe that could help.

(It's still uploading at the moment, so as of the the time I edited [4:00 PST] this post it might not be ready)
  •  Flag

EA_CIRE

• EA_CIRE

Global Community Manager

20 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

Our servers are down right now - We're working on it to fix it
  •  Flag

chaos13125_legacy

• chaos13125

Private

20 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

Any estimated time of the servers going to be fixed ?
  •  Flag

DivinexNite

• DivinexNite

21 July 2014 - 06:19 AM

I am some years late on this post. But I logged onto the servers a few days ago and made it through. And I tried it again today and I got nothing. I'm confused now that after an extra two years -- are the servers down for good or not? Can I have an update on this because I just started getting back into Generals after about three years of no PC and I really missed playing this game online with my friends. . .

•  Flag

Stephanovich

• Stephanovich

21 July 2014 - 11:08 AM

http://www.gamerepla...eplacement

steph2.jpg

-- THE JUKEBOX MUST RETURN!! --

-- The President of Cake --

•  Flag

Reply to this topic