C&C GAMES  

Larsee_legacy

• Larsee

Private

"C&C The First Decade" works on Windows 7 if you load it correctly.

23 October 2012 - 12:51 AM

Having used the thread in the "support section" to get my old Red Alert cd to work I finally bought the "C&C The First Decade" combo that contains Tiberium, Red Alert, and Generals. I found that you cannot just insert the game's cd in the Driver and let it load automatically. You have to exit the auto install, then go to "Computer", "right click" on the CD driver, and change the compatability mode to Windows XP to load it properly. You'll then load it whithin the compatability program which you get to by right clicking on the driver that has your cd in it. I'll go into more detail if any interest is generated by this post...
  •  Flag

moneyman1852

• SoundsLegit

Private

• LocationMurhica

01 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

I would like to know :)
  •  Flag

Larsee_legacy

• Larsee

Private

04 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

OK...It's fairly easy...and this can work for most pre-Windows 7 games: Insert Game Disc in drive. Stop Auto load (cancel) Left Click on start Left click on Computer Right click on the CD drive the game disc is in OPEN Files (Do not run or install - you want to see the game files) Find the "setup" file (will have an icon showing a computer desktop or setup.exe) Right click on the "setup" file Left Click on Troubleshoot Compatibility You will get two choices: 1. Try Recommended Settings 2. Troubleshoot Programs Use the "Try Recommended Settings" -- just run through the program -- it will start the install using the correct pre-Windows 7 format. That should do it. Insert the regeistration codes and start playing. IF you try running a game using "Try Recommended Settings" but it doesn't work you can go back and use "Troubleshoot Programs" and select a different setting. (Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 98, etc). ...and some additional info...some games will work just fine...others have a problem because while installing the game it may have a security program that you have to go through. The problem is that the Windows 7 program will install the game using the correct setting but the security program isn't activating because the computer is still using Windows 7 to go through it. The solution is to open the game files and set the compatability mode of each ".exe" file on the games disc. You can search this on youtube for a better understanding than I can write it down...
  •  Flag

killrno0b

• killrno0b

11 March 2014 - 11:09 PM

I was having tremendous amounts of issues with all of my old CD Drive games (C&C FD/ LOTR: MFME2/ C&C 3).  I now have the solution thanks to you.  You have no idea the amount of stress you have relieved my dear sir.  I salute you.

Also Red Alert: Aftermath = my childhood. :)

•  Flag

Reply to this topic