C&C GAMES  

Bibber1

• Bibber1

Lieutenant

• LocationGermany

Fixed Launchers for The Ultimate Collection

19 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

I have worked on some new launchers for all the games of The Ultimate Collection which fix some registry entries and let command-line parameters (e.g. -ui -win) pass through.

cnctuc_fixedlaunchers.png

Command-line parameters

-game gen|genep1|cnc3|cnc3ep1|ra2|ra2ep1|ra3|ra3ep1

Launches the game directly instead of popping up the window for choosing.

cnc3 = C&C 3 Tiberium Wars
cnc3ep1 = C&C 3 Kane's Wrath
gen = C&C Generals
genep1 = C&C Generals Zero Hour
ra2 = C&C Red Alert 2
ra2ep1 = C&C Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge
ra3 = C&C Red Alert 3
ra3ep1 = C&C Red Alert 3 Uprising

-serial

Enables the option to change the serial number in the registry.

Download

bibber.eu
Dropbox

VirusTotal Scan

Notes

If you don't know how to use parameters, please follow this link: http://www.ehow.com/....-shortcut.html
The launchers are currently only compatible to the following locale versions of The Ultimate Collection: English, German
In order to get them working with other languages I need some infos about the Origin IDs of the games. See here: http://www.commandan...ocale-versions/
Please keep questions on how or where to install mods away from this thread as it is not the topic here!

Edited by Bibber1, 26 August 2014 - 03:47 PM.

Posted Image
  •  Flag

labuxton

• labuxton

Private

13 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

For Shockwave (http://www.moddb.com/mods/cc-shockwave) a launcher is created, however when I start the launcher and select start. It comes up with the same Origin launcher for both Generals and Zero Hour. Any way around this?
  •  Flag

ticluao

• ticluao

Private

13 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

Hi, thanks for these launchers, they helped me a lot to make custom maps working on RA3 and generals ZH, but i cant get maps for KW to work. Is that even possible? i followed all the steps (as i did with RA3 and ZH) but i cant get custom maps for KW to showing up on the ultimate collection for windows vista 32 bits.
  •  Flag

Cybergoose74

• Cybergoose74

Private

14 September 2013 - 04:58 AM

Cannot get C&C 4 Tiberian Twilight to run. I've installed the Bibber Launcher (v1.12) but after the game's splash screen loads nothing else happens. Running Windows 8 on Samsung 27" display set at highest resolution. Have tried setting Compatibility Mode on the C&C 4 executable (Win XP (SP3), Win Vista, Vista (SP1) Vista (SP2), and Windows 7) as well as running as Administrator. Nothing seems to work so I am trying C&C 3 now but waiting for download to finish. Any assistance with C&C 4 is greatly appreciated. Regards!
  •  Flag

Bibber1

• Bibber1

Lieutenant

• LocationGermany

14 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

For Shockwave (http://www.moddb.com/mods/cc-shockwave) a launcher is created, however when I start the launcher and select start. It comes up with the same Origin launcher for both Generals and Zero Hour. Any way around this?

When installed the fixed launchers Shockwave should run fine. It does for me.
  •  Flag

TrueBlue312

• TrueBlue312

Private

15 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

After installing for Red Alert 3, where do I need to place mods? I tried creating C:\Users\********\Documents\Red Alert 3\Mods, but it didn't work.
  •  Flag

Bibber1

• Bibber1

Lieutenant

• LocationGermany

16 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

After installing for Red Alert 3, where do I need to place mods? I tried creating C:\Users\********\Documents\Red Alert 3\Mods, but it didn't work.

Please keep questions on how or where to install mods away from this thread as it is not the topic here!

•  Flag

TrueBlue312

• TrueBlue312

Private

16 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

My apologies, I'll ask somewhere else.
  •  Flag

Sakaryu

• Sakaryu

Private

29 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

For some reason, I can't get these to work.
  •  Flag

66Nemesis66

• 66Nemesis66

Private

02 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

I can not play online with the fixed launcher?
  •  Flag

lemon_kirito

• lemon_kirito

Private

10 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

i can't download from the link.

•  Flag

Dalifeblives

• Dalifeblives

Private

12 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

Hi. I recently purchases C&C Ultimate from Origin. Of course, none of the mods will work. I downloaded your launchers and finally got the games like Shockwave and ROTR to launch without Origin and work. But...now I can't get online. I keep getting serial invalid error. It seems to be something with the registry. When I uninstall the launchers and reinstall the Vanilla games, online works. Any suggestions? Or can you simply walk me through how to set up parameters of my own without installing the launchers. They seems to mess with my online serial key.

•  Flag

Bibber1

• Bibber1

Lieutenant

• LocationGermany

12 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

Hi. I recently purchases C&C Ultimate from Origin. Of course, none of the mods will work. I downloaded your launchers and finally got the games like Shockwave and ROTR to launch without Origin and work. But...now I can't get online. I keep getting serial invalid error. It seems to be something with the registry. When I uninstall the launchers and reinstall the Vanilla games, online works. Any suggestions? Or can you simply walk me through how to set up parameters of my own without installing the launchers. They seems to mess with my online serial key.

I will look into it.
Posted Image
  •  Flag

Stpuccio89

• Stpuccio89

Private

14 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

http://www.commandan...ix/#entry394843

the metod 3 is the solution and it solved problem of registry if you copy this method in fixed launcher it will work again :D

•  Flag

Bibber1

• Bibber1

Lieutenant

• LocationGermany

15 October 2013 - 12:15 AM

This method is already implemented. The program just takes the serial number from another registry entry (belonging to Origin). The problem of Dalifeblives was that the location the program gets the serial from contained a wrong one.
Maybe I will add some kind of option to ask the user to either auto-resolve or manually enter the serial number in a future version. So if auto-resolve doesn't work the user can still manually enter the correct serial.

Edited by Bibber1, 15 October 2013 - 12:16 AM.

Posted Image
  •  Flag

Stpuccio89

• Stpuccio89

Private

15 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

is better to introduce a option to enter manually serial number and program will do rest

•  Flag

Pinworm45

• Pinworm45

15 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

What a coincidence I was just having the issue dalifeblives was talking ago. I actually had it months ago and settled with giving up on the fixed launcher. I've tried every combination of codes in the registry and I just can't get it going.

If I can help in any way let me know. My primary goal is to have mods and play in windowed mode and the fixed launchers are great, but the registry problem prevents my online access which I use to play with my dad.

Thanks so much and let me know again if I can help.

•  Flag

Bibber1

• Bibber1

Lieutenant

• LocationGermany

18 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

Launchers have been updated. Now serial numbers are not automatically fixed and need your input. If there is no serial stored in the registry for the game you want to start the launcher will ask you to enter it. If there is already a serial, the launcher won't ask you. However, if you still want to change the serial you can use the -serial parameter to enter it.

Edited by Bibber1, 20 October 2013 - 03:45 AM.

Posted Image
  •  Flag

Xero_Omega1

• Xero_Omega1

20 October 2013 - 02:39 AM

I can't seem to get past the launcher. As in, without the fix you have, I can choose either or for C&C3 and it will pop up acting like it will launch, but will then disappear. I then ran the fix above and in put the Command line parameters like it is mentioned to just run C&C3 and it will bypass the choosing launcher like its supposed to, however, it acts like its going to launch, but the window will disappear and the game still doesn't launch. I am running Windows 7 x64 going through Origin. Any ideas? Sorry, im new here and im not quite sure if this is the thread for it.

EDIT: Nvm, ill try the thread below. :P Sorry.

•  Flag

Lavama

• Lavama

Private

03 November 2013 - 08:02 PM

Ah, many thanks!

However, I am having an issue downloading this. I seem to actually lose connection about half-way through the file, and can't extract/run the setup. Do you mind if I request someone on the US East Coast re-upload the file as a seperate mirror?

EDIT: Here's what's going on. I spend like 10 minutes downloading a 17 Meg file, and then I get this message.

"!   C:\Users\Cantrell\Downloads\cnctuc_fixedlaunchers(1).rar: Unexpected end of archive"

Any idea wtf is going on?

Edited by Lavama, 03 November 2013 - 08:11 PM.

•  Flag

Reply to this topic