C&C GAMES  

ChrisMancilEA

• ChrisMancilEA

Thank You From The Command & Conquer Team, See You Soon.

10 December 2013 - 06:22 PM

We wanted to let you know that we are suspending the Command & Conquer Alpha Test and the servers will no longer be available.

Thank you all for your continued support and dedication to Command and Conquer. Your feedback and participation in this community is a crucial part of the success and future of this amazing franchise. We look forward to seeing all of you in-game in a new Command and Conquer sometime in the future. 

See you soon,
The Command & Conquer Team

•  Flag

Teancum14

• Teancum14

10 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

You want feed back? Here you go. Generals 2 was going to be GREAT. CNC's Generals and Generals Zero:Hour were OBVIOUSLY their best titles. To make another one would have been awesome. Instead... you KILL it, you kill the Generals series, you kill the possibility of CNC lovers to take your future titles seriously, you kill all of the hard work that was put into the past games and in the new Generals 2 game, and destroy the hopes and dreams of die-hard CNC fans. Why destroy it? Why stop the constant uproar of approval from loyal fans? Why destroy the possibility of a classic feeling game? If I could choose ANY CNC title to re-create, it would be GENERALS. This is General Teancum, resigning and going back to the classics until EA decides to make a REAL CNC.

•  Flag

AlexPaga

• AlexPaga

Sergeant

10 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

Wow! I announced my greetings few weeks ago but reading this makes me say wow! EA writes about Command & Conquer! This is amazing! They make great strides! I restored a reading forum today and I found a message from EA!
One thing: the signature is "The Command & Conquer Team" but what is the team if VG has been closed? The Easy Studio (Tiberium Alliances), BioWare, DICE who is?

Edited by AlexPaga, 10 December 2013 - 09:14 PM.

•  Flag

kaneswrath1

• kaneswrath1

Lieutenant Colonel

• LocationCanada

10 December 2013 - 11:02 PM

Chris Mancil

Director, Digital Communications at EA

http://www.linkedin.com/in/chrismancil

Hmm... interesting. 

vaWaz85.png

Now Playing: EVE Online

•  Flag

CNC_Tethis

• CNC_Tethis

10 December 2013 - 11:17 PM

This thread will remain open so long as people keep things civil.  

•  Flag

kl4ndri

• kl4ndri

Lieutenant Colonel

• LocationIceland, Blue Zone B15

10 December 2013 - 11:56 PM

Tell me, what success exactly are you referring to? Are you referring to the time when you cancelled a game that had been in development for over 3 years and fired the entire team working on it, the time when you alienated the entire fan base with a title so bad it was widely nominated as the most disappointing game of 2010, the time when you failed to support the two major titles before that and thus killed the online community, or the fact that despite all this EA managed to cash in on us every time?

Now that my little rant is over lets check on this guy (because let's be honest, this is just some suit who's never going to look at this place again):

Chris Mancil's Experience
Director - Digital Communications Electronic Arts

Public Company; 5001-10,000 employees; ERTS; Entertainment industry

May 2013 – Present (8 months) greater los angeles area

Bioware, Titanfall, ******Command & Conquer*****

[***** added by me], it seems like he just was a glorified PR rep who works for EA high up in the ladder and is not bound to any one studio making his signature misleading. I might be wrong though.

Edited by kl4ndri, 11 December 2013 - 12:54 AM.

Also if anyone here is famous, it's Cypher for the above, Kermanit for trolling, Klandri for being an incarnation of Satan and CNCGeek for 1984.The rest is expendable.

And Borreh for being featured in a spammer's valuable member's signature.
As the moderator in chief I am obligated to remind you that if you use reddit subscribe to /r/commandandconquer
  •  Flag

Ohmwreck3r

• Ohmwreck3r

11 December 2013 - 12:42 AM

RIP in peace.

EA C&C Mod | Youtube | Twitch | Twitter

•  Flag

Alexander_O6

• Alexander_O6

Major

11 December 2013 - 05:42 AM

RIP in peace.

Repetition is repetitious.

Also, "A new Command & Conquer"? Does this mean Generals 2/Command & Conquer Free to Play is completely scrapped? The next C&C game will be remade from scratch? That's...a huge waste. And somewhat of a mistake. Might as well use the current assets, factions, and make Generals 2. Most of the game is coded anyways. Generals 2 is what we all want, anyways.

Edited by Alexander_O6, 11 December 2013 - 05:43 AM.

•  Flag

AlexPaga

• AlexPaga

Sergeant

11 December 2013 - 08:54 AM

I agree with Alex06

•  Flag

abydos

• abydos

Private

• LocationHungary

11 December 2013 - 09:43 AM

"The Command & Conquer Team" HA-HA-HA-HA.........

The Hungarian C&C Community's editor - http://tiberium.hu - http://redalert.hu - http://generals.hu

•  Flag

Teancum14

• Teancum14

11 December 2013 - 01:08 PM

Repetition is repetitious.

Also, "A new Command & Conquer"? Does this mean Generals 2/Command & Conquer Free to Play is completely scrapped? The next C&C game will be remade from scratch? That's...a huge waste. And somewhat of a mistake. Might as well use the current assets, factions, and make Generals 2. Most of the game is coded anyways. Generals 2 is what we all want, anyways.

IKR

•  Flag

Johnnyxp64

• Johnnyxp64

Private

11 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

so this is how it Ends?

6bpxacg.png

thanks E.A for repeating the same old mistakes! Congrats! :angry:

it seems you didn't read my signature.

Edited by Johnnyxp64, 11 December 2013 - 01:46 PM.

-Making money is the most important thing in the business right?

-WRONG! Keeping the credibility of your franchise is the most important thing, that in turn will keep the funs happy and they will give you their money!
  •  Flag

Stpuccio89

• Stpuccio89

Private

11 December 2013 - 02:20 PM

thank you cris to waste ea money but generals alpha was great game and you closed a greater games than your bf4

i'm sad but the title "worst company of the year 2013" will remain in 2014 too

•  Flag

Wehrapire

• Wehrapire

Private

• LocationWinter Park, FL

11 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

EA, you are having to do a short term gain and long term loss.  You lost C&C, a great franchise loved by millions, and NCAA is off also.   

•  Flag

CadcSA

• CadcSA

Private

11 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

Honestly, F2P C&C would have been the break that the franchise needed.. fresh new blood for an otherwise nearly non existent server activity (and by that, I mean look at how empty servers are, even on RA3...)

without having to buy the game, activity within the game would have been outstanding, and had the game had a chance to grow in popularity, I assure you, the return investment would have been there, if not way above expected projection... (Some people don't have anything better to do with their money, so they might spend over $500+ over time for a game that would have otherwise only earned you $60 from that one user).

I mean, I have no idea how much money I have spent in League of Legends, but to be quite frank, I actually don't want to know, lol... and yet all they have to do these days is create a new skin for a character, and that's pay day for who knows how long..

now they are releasing skins that were no longer available for a limited time, they must be raking in godly amounts of money right now because of that....

Just saying, you guys Axed this game waaaaaaaaay too soon... you just couldn't see it, could you EA?

•  Flag

7roopzor

• 7roopzor

Master Sergeant

12 December 2013 - 06:29 PM

What I find disgusting is that you literally copy pasted the exact same message in the Alpha forums.

Edited by 7roopzor, 12 December 2013 - 06:30 PM.

•  Flag

AlexPaga

• AlexPaga

Sergeant

12 December 2013 - 07:31 PM

What I find disgusting is that you literally copy pasted the exact same message in the Alpha forums.

I don't find anything disgusting. He simply put the same message in the Alpha forum to warn Alpha players.
It also demonstrated that this message isn't a scam because only EA can post in the Announcement section.

•  Flag

cammol17

• cammol17

Private

13 December 2013 - 11:52 AM

Even though I thought Command Conquer 2013 needed some changes, like not being free to play, the game was fun to play and EA could have made some money from it. I am glad there is going to be a new Command Conquer, since this is coming from a new gaming studio this also means it will take about 2.5 years for the new game to come out. The new studio company should look at other strategy games like Star Craft 2 and Supreme Commander Forged Alliance to get some Ideals what they want in the game. I would love to play on a map that seems like it is as large as planet like it does in Supreme Commander Forged Alliance.

Edited by cammol17, 13 December 2013 - 11:54 AM.

•  Flag

Golan2781

• Golan2781

Lieutenant Colonel

13 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

Woohoo, another PR statement. Everything will be fine now. /sarcasm

EA, your feedback and participation in this community is a crucial part of the success and future of this amazing franchise. Which is why for either, I see none.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]TS Rising | TWA | GranatballTSR: Forums | Twitter

•  Flag

Masher8559

• Masher8559

Private

13 December 2013 - 11:40 PM

What a waste.

•  Flag

Reply to this topic