C&C GAMES  

corymach7

• corymach7

Command And Conquer 5: Tiberium Moon Petition

05 January 2014 - 12:44 AM

Would you like another base Tiberium Command and Conquer game for 2014/2015/2016?

Please say, "Signed" to be clear.

The next after Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight should be Command and Conquer 5: Tiberium Moon.

Platforms for the next game's release:

Microsoft Windows

Mac OS X

Xbox One

PlayStation 4

Signatures:

1. Corymach7

•  Flag

Cypher_CNC

• Cypher_CNC

05 January 2014 - 08:05 AM

Why should it be "Moon"?

•  Flag

kaneswrath1

• kaneswrath1

Lieutenant Colonel

• LocationCanada

05 January 2014 - 08:44 AM

Suddenly, memories of this one guy who keeps on spamming his RA3 Moon Project crap...

vaWaz85.png

Now Playing: EVE Online

•  Flag

Sir_Dracojan

• Sir_Dracojan

Lieutenant

13 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

after the twilight comes the night. the moon is always around the earth even if we dont see it.

•  Flag

Volkov_mk2

• Volkov_mk2

Corporal

14 January 2014 - 04:04 AM

I think we need to widen our scope, think bigger.

I propose Command & Conquer Tiberium Worlds

A few basic ideas.

Time, afer The Ascension Conflict.

At the end of The Ascension Conflict Kane and his faithful left for parts unknown leaving behind a fully functional Tiberium Control Network. Ater mankind's recovery was deemed complete by GDI the GDI Council of Directors begun debating mankind's future exploration of the cosmos. To that end the Council made several exploration minded decisions. Among them that the moon should remain free of Tiberium as a world landmark (made quickly and by unanimous decision) and that Mars should be seeded With Tiberium (made by a nail-bitingly close vote and only after extensive debate and a through mission to make sure the planet was not cable of supporting life in its pre Tiberium condition). To determine if a Tiberium Control Network Could be built without the Inclusion of a Scrin Tower.

This post would be longer but I don't want to unload all my ideas on you at once and there are some questions that need answered before we continue discussing this.

Should further discussion of C&C Tiberium Worlds have its own topic?

Do you think a Tiberium Control Network can be built on a planet that does not have at least one Threshold Tower?

Would you like to hear more of my ideas?

Edited by Volkov_mk2, 14 January 2014 - 04:10 AM.

•  Flag

GenAllat

• GenAllat

Private

15 January 2014 - 06:20 AM

Please go on with your story. Because it sounds inderesting :)
  •  Flag

Jeffman12

• Jeffman12

Private

16 January 2014 - 12:21 AM

Volkov_mk2, I believe you are on the right track, this may indeed call for a new topic.

Furthermore, the Scrin did threaten their return, I think it's only fitting the follow up is made apparent.

I'll just throw this idea out there, if I recall, the TCN on Earth no longer serves a purpose, as all tiberium within its reach was absorbed and sent along with Kane's loyal followers. Seeing as the tower still stood, the control center for the TCN, one could hypothesize that all it needs to bridge the gap between planets is some form of long range relay.

•  Flag

sideoats

• sideoats

11 February 2014 - 03:55 AM

I like this story and the idea of spreading tiberium to other planets and hunting down the Scrin throughout the galaxy.

•  Flag

kalo2809

• kalo2809

Private

25 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

Hi all,

you know, I've also been thinking about this and I've had my share of ideas, but one in particular I've relatively managed to correctly formulate and I'd really like to share it somewhere, so here's what I'm talking about:

Command & Conquer 5: Tiberium Resurrection

Tiberium Resurrection takes place in the middle of the 22-nd century, a 100 years after the end of TW3 and the construction of the Scrin tower and about 70 years after the end of TW4 and Kane's ascension. And here is a look at what has happened during this time:

GDI - the "transformation":

After the end of TW4 and Kane's disappearance at the Scrin tower, Tiberium was finally eradicated from the face of the Earth. Only counted samples remained, though under strict control and with no knowledge of the public about them (of course). The Brotherhood of Nod slid into a state of deep turmoil - after all, with its leader Kane gone, no powerfull figure was found to take his place and lead Nod forward. In the eyes of the world, GDI's ultimate mission - to stop Tiberium and the Brotherhood of Nod - was finally accomplished.

With that in mind, General Secretary Rios and the military forces under her command spent the next few years up to the end of the 21-st century and the beginning of the 22-nd one reviving the reclaimed Red zones and finally putting a lasting peace in the vast Yellow zones, gaining further public support, which enabled her to last so long at GDI's top position. But, as time went on, further changes were necessary - political, economic, even the name itself, as while GDI referred to the battles and trials of the past, a new name would symbolize the way of the future, the new Tiberium-less world. And thus, in the year 2095 the Global Planetary Federation (or GPF) was born out of the remains of GDI, and a new path for mankind was set. A path that would have nothing to do with Tiberium and its properties. Or, so it would seem...

After its establishment, GPF immediately began secret research on Tiberium in order to uncover all and every single one of it's secrets - what is it trully, how and why does it spread so easily, why did infact the TCN work - was it indeed only sonics and frequencies the Tacitus described (according to Kane), or is that only part of the trick, and lastly - how can it be safely used both as a power source and as a weapon, something Nod achieved in the past, yet GDI could not. Concealing this research took a lot of time, efforts, money, lives, it's locations (the TCN hubs, particularly the most remote, distant ones, they were converted after 2095) protected with the latest in weapons tech (the Scrin tower included, after all, this was the mother of all Tiberium-based things left on the planet...), but in the middle of the 22-nd century, in 2149, the mystery was finally on the verge of solving, GPF was finally getting close to the answers they needed. Until one morning, a mysterious terrorist strike occurs at a remote former TCN hub somewhere in North America. Someone has arrisen, someone who hates the new and improved GPF...

The Brotherhood of Nod - From the Ashes of Exile:

As I already wrote, the Brotherhood's situation after 2077 was not very pleasant. With Kane gone and his vision of ascension complete, the majority of the remaining Nod forces believed that Nod had served its purpose and resistance was no longer required, so they surrendered to GDI (still named so) and gave up on global revolution. However, the most devoted ones, those who believed in Nod's ultimate goal - world domination and worldwide spread of Tiberium - no matter what happened, did not give up - they fled, they hid, they conspired and created a new organisation, one that won't doubt it's goals, but would do anything to achieve them - the Last Brothers of Nod (or LBN).

By 2095, the year GPF was created, the LBN had already established it's secret bases and began research on new modern and effective technology, though one component, one important ingredient of the LBN's goals was still missing - Tiberium itself, the green crystal that trully promised prosperity and evolutiuon. The LBN knew that GPF contained all samples of Tiberium remaining on Earth, and they knew getting them and spreading them was going to be a suicide mission at the beginning of the 22-nd century. So they waited further, building up, planning on, stocking up on tanks and militias who stand ready to attack at any moment, while at the same time remaining non-existent in the eyes of GPF. And finally, in 2149, the moment to strike arrived. One attack, one strike at a research hub in North America, one goal, one purpose...

The Scrin - the counterattack:

As the Scrin reeled from their terrible loss in Earth Year 2050 (correct me if I'm wrong here...), the Overlord was furios and ordered full invasion preparations to be initiated. As more and more forces were build up, trained, created and bread, the aliens prepaired for revenge on the human race for the humility of defeat. But Earth was lost to them after their flee, how are they going to find it without another huge Ichor explosion like in Sarajevo?

You guessed it - Treshhold 19, the last remaining tower on Earth. When Kane used the tower to ascend in 2077, he inadvertently activated a signal, a beacon which transmitted the Tower's location in the universe. While the incredibly low frequency signal lasted only seconds, it was more than enough for the aliens to record the tower's location and predict its movement in space for the next century.

And so, with Earth's position correctly recorded and the tower's presence registered, the Scrin had everything they needed. And in 2151, they launched a full scale assault, one that should annihilate Earth and it's surroundings completely. But, all is not as easy as predicted.

When the aliens near Earth at 15 million miles away, they discover something very wrong - Ichor is no longer so widespread on Earth as it was a century ago, only a few miniature spots appear on the aliens' screens as Ichor rich. The entire plan is put in jeopardy - after all, the Scrin need Ichor to survive, and with little to none on Earth, victory chances are highly reduced. Yet they still exist, and maybe, just maybe, the surrounding planets could serve the aliens as temporary establishments; yes, space war. Something both GPF and the LBN, the 2 new Earth factions will have to prepare for, if they are to defeat the aliens. Yes, this relaunches victory chances at new hights...

Who knows, maybe Kane knew about the signal when he ascended, maybe he didn't, maybe he knew about GPF and the LBN, maybe not, we'll never know...

Reality is however that now every single faction will have to fight for it's own goals, achieve it's own purposes, accomplish it's own missions and risk or seek... TIBERIUM RESURRECTION!

That's the storyline. The main gameplay itself I think should be something mixed from both CNC 3 and CNC 4, here are my ideas so far:

1) 2 types of MCVs for each faction - one earth-based, enabling structure production, RnD, unit production, superweapons, protocols, so classic CNC, and one space-based, like the CNC4 support class - strictly unit production (no unit limit of), some base defenses, superweapons and protocols still available and tier tech tree - like 1, 2, 3, 4...

2) 2 superweapon levels - basic and ultimate; for example an ion cannon control could offer a single ion cannon strike for 5 min of loading up, or 8 ion cannons that first fire independently, but then, instead of firing out on their own, join together in a more powerful, Ultra-Ion-Cannon Blast for 10 min of loading up

3) Economy - instead of CNC4 crystals and the classic CNC 3 tib fields, I suggest using the former TCN hubs which were converted into Tiberium Research Complexes (TRC) for Earth battles and split the refining process into two types:

- the GPF type - since GPF worked to contain Tiberium, they use special Tiberium Refining Facilities which must be placed in the fascinity of a TRC, then they connect with the TRC and refine the Tiberium inside, automatically generating credits (kind of like the way a tib spike works, exept more efficient)

- the LBN/Scrin type - since they are focused on re-spreading Tiberium around the Earth, they must attack and severely damage the TRCs. However, GPF knew that the TRCs will be vulnerable, so, using info from the Tacitus and the new research at their disposal, they created a mini-phase field for each TRC which goes on when the TRC takes critical damage, protecting it from futher attack and destruction. Mini however truly serves the phrase, as the field does not repair the TRC, nor does it manage to keep the leeking Tiberium in. So, basically, damaging the TRC creates a sort of tiberium field, which the LBN and the Scrin can then harvest using old fashioned refineries and harvesters - improved and upgraded of course.

A TRC can always of course be repaired via an Engineer/Saboteur/Assimilator, but restoring it to full health deactivates the phase field, making the TRC vulnerable again.

For space battles I suggest kind of the CNC4 experience system: you begin with, say, 10000 exp points, and you spend them on units, protocols and upgrades, you gain more by fighting the enemy and you try spending them up as much as you can. Now i know this is not exactly typical credit funding and I realize it ain't perfect, but it's what I got for now, so write your opinions freely.

4) Unfortunately nothing specific in the way of units and structures. I think it would be good to save the original superweapon structures - Ion Cannon Control, Temple of Nod and Rift/Chasm generator (Level 2)

but beyond that nothing yet.

5) Of course, the endings of the storylines. But, I'd like to see if anyone would like my storyline, batllefield and gameplay suggestions first. You can always of course fill in the gaps on your own, but who knows..

Thank you in advance for reading this :)

•  Flag

Am386SX

• Am386SX

• LocationCape Town, South Africa

25 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

Signed, I'm up for it. :)

The Brotherhood of NOD, secretly powered by AMD Radeon

•  Flag

NLItamar

• NLItamar

Private

26 May 2014 - 02:20 PM

damn that is awesome kalo!!!

SIGNED HELL YEAH!!

FOR THE BROTHERHOOD!!

•  Flag

Ravendark83

• Ravendark83

Private

26 May 2014 - 04:05 PM

L2use the modding tools and turn walls of text into walls of awesome ...or sandbags of meh-not-bad...depending on tastes. B)

•  Flag

Raickanku

• Raickanku

26 May 2014 - 11:16 PM

I always saw the tiberium inhibited earth as a dystopia, unable to be harmonic.

Before a structure can form, another structure rises to oppose the first one, GDI and Kane.

Kane would never allow tiberium to be fully eradicated from earth.

“I found you people in mud-huts.. you were living in CAVES!”

Kane cares about earth and will always remain true to his vision of a tiberium world.

Kanes curiousity for the tacitus would also leave him close to earth. Even though acended, he is still amongst us.

If we assume that the NOD archives are correct, then Kane is the anti-chirst, or at least some sort of it, Tiberium "the beast" and the Tacitus the "forbidden fruit" which is said to give ultimate wisdom.

Kane would NEVER let true wisdom be forlorn or his beast be defeaten.

Lets remember that there is no C&C without Kane. There is no NOD without Kane.

By the way, Tiberian Moon is a great nickname for Kane's bald head.

•  Flag

Ravendark83

• Ravendark83

Private

27 May 2014 - 12:45 PM

I always saw the tiberium inhibited earth as a dystopia, unable to be harmonic.

Before a structure can form, another structure rises to oppose the first one, GDI and Kane.

Kane would never allow tiberium to be fully eradicated from earth.

“I found you people in mud-huts.. you were living in CAVES!”

Kane cares about earth and will always remain true to his vision of a tiberium world.

Kanes curiousity for the tacitus would also leave him close to earth. Even though acended, he is still amongst us.

If we assume that the NOD archives are correct, then Kane is the anti-chirst, or at least some sort of it, Tiberium "the beast" and the Tacitus the "forbidden fruit" which is said to give ultimate wisdom.

Kane would NEVER let true wisdom be forlorn or his beast be defeaten.

Lets remember that there is no C&C without Kane. There is no NOD without Kane.

By the way, Tiberian Moon is a great nickname for Kane's bald head.

To me it always felt like Kane used humanity or its own vises like religion or fanatisiscm as a means to an end. He deep down only has pitty and contempt for them. Alot of the story arcs (even c&c4 with its shit writing) feel like Kane is just passing through.

His hatred against GDI seemed to be fueled more by their arrogance to oppose him then that he hated gdi for being gdi (you could say he abandonded that hate when he aproached them in c&c4 with the tacitus, he found htem usefull for awhile).

He never had an equal in Nod (obviously) but during some story arcs he did respect (or atleast apreciate) the intellectual capacity of some of his elite cadre. Killian might be a good example of that.

To an extend he is the stereothypical imbodiment of a messiah or (demi)god....he cares little for his followers but more for his likeminded.

An indication of this could be that Ascention wasnt for everyone, just his choosen few.

I would think that Kane would only come back if there was something that he needed. IF he achieved ascention he doesn't need NOD or humanity anymore.

There is no NOD without kane.....not to sure.....Do you need to see the Rock hit the water or would the ripples be enough to emply the rock hit the water? You could not have a physical apearance of Kane...but his actions and influences would be more importent....just to emply the words "Kane lives in dead" or "Kane will return" would have adducate effect among zealots.

If i would follow the angels and demons thing (looking at the land of Nod and Enochian lore connected to Nod) into a scifi story, having kane being an alien that got banished form a formidable alien race...he strived for millenia to break his prison/exile. Having achieved that, his former prisonguards (of seraph nature) could come out of retirement to see why the prisonbreak alarms whent off on their favorite penal colony.

This could bring a free-for-all brawl with 4 playbable sides or a enemy-of-my-enemy-is-my-friend scenario with the scrin/new race thing.

If Kane would re apear in this thing he would more then likely assume an anti-messianic role and pitch everyone against everyone to get rid of every major pain in his arse.

my 2cents.

Edited by Ravendark83, 27 May 2014 - 12:55 PM.

•  Flag

Raickanku

• Raickanku

27 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

Yes, yes, I see your point, it makes sense and is very plausible.

Even though our ideas differ a lot, I do agree with what you said.

Now people would call me hypocritical for believing both opposing sides, however, I think that it all depends on our interpretation of the lore, and I can see yours.

I have been a fan of science fiction since I understand what it meant. In my language there aren't many science fiction books and thus I mainly experienced it through movies and games.

Kane is to me a kind of Neo from The Matrix. One big difference is that Kane knows what he is and what he wants.

I still think that Kane is proud of his accomplishments on earth and wouldn't simply abandon them.

Another thing that people very often don't consider is that Kane made CABAL with a personality like his own.

From this we can learn even more about Kanes personality that he doesn't show directly.

On one hand the personality of CABAL supports your idea that Kane only believes in himself, but at the same time it supports my idea that Kane has a vision for the world, not only for himself. CABAL saw himself as superior, just like Kane did. However, if Kane would be of the Scrin alien race, then Kane would have embraced their return to finally create a real tiberium world. But Kane didn't, Kane only used the Scrin to build the towers so he could achieve ascension. So, to me, Kane used the Scrin, not mankind, and is more man than alien.

This has not been taken much into consideration when designing the story of C&C3 Tiberium Wars. C&C3 Tiberian Incursion however would probably have featured more of this.

When I heard of Tiberium Wars I hoped to see a "Forgotten" faction due to the great impact the Forgotten, especially Tratos, had in the second war. At first I was disappointed, but the Scrin made up for it very nicely. Shortly after I realized that this wasn't the original concept and that C&C was bought by EA, who changed quite a bit. Though I greatly appreciate what EA has done for C&C, I also regret to see that certain greater depths in the lore have slipped away.

Please understand that I am not an expert on the lore, I know very little about the lore details and underlying lore layers in Twilight.

I also apologize for my jumpy writing, my ideas travel faster than my brain can put them into words.

Lastly, I would like to hear about what you guys thought of my screen writing in the General Discussion. If you find any problems or have any criticism please tell me so I can take them into consideration when I continue writing, both screen play as writing in my comments.

Edit:

Just watched all the NOD cut scenes of C&C1 in which Kane says "It has been truthfully said that knowledge is power." which indicates that Kane desires knowledge and the greatest known source of knowledge in the Tiberian universe is the Tacitus, so Kane probably wants to learn everything the Tacitus has to offer.

•  Flag

Reply to this topic