Okay. Just to give a brief introduction about myself. I've been playing command and conquer since 1995. I've played virtually every command and conquer game ever released and enjoyed the overall franchise as a whole. There were only a few disappointments (C&C4, Generals: Zero Hour) in my opinion, but I do really enjoy the C&C universe. Now I Ďam creating this thread just to show what I think what would make the new game better. All I can do is try to make something happen and itís up to you guys if youíll take the time to acknowledge. So without further ado, here it goes(If you guys see incorrect grammer, Iíam sorry about that, I was just going along with this very quickly)
1. Please do away with the sub factions stuff like in previous command and conquer games. Generals Zero hour had this stuff and it makes the game extremely unbalanced. Everyone knew that the USA Super weapons generals was over powered because of the alpha aura bombers. Then you started seeing games that said ďNo super weapons generalĒ and stuff like that. That is already a bad sign.
2. I am currently a SC2 player, and the game is overall pretty good, the way it plays, its online community and all that. Victory Games should take the time to look at their online environment. They have matchmaking, creating parties, custom games the community created. Please do not overlook this, this is very important to have in the new Command and conquer game. We need a system that will match us accordingly with an equally skilled player, not the way it was done before in other command and conquer games. In my opinion, thatís what makes a game really fun, playing with someone who is in the same skill bracket as you.
3. This is a small feature but its good, please include an option where it lets you run the game in window borderless mode. SC2 has it and all these newer games have it, please donít forget this one.
4. Make sure you guys have an option and in the menu of the game somewhere where you can have health bars. In command and conquer red alert 3, you had to press Shift+Spacebar every game get health bars. This was really annoying.
5. **Important** This is is probably the most important. Every command and conquer game I played had a pier to pier connection when you play online. The only command and conquer I know that didnít have this was command and conquer 4. And because of that, it ran really smooth and the gameplay speed was consistent. Please include this, in the year 2011. This is a necessity. All Iíam saying in a nutshell is if another person has a slow computer in the same game Iíam in, I shouldnít get punished with also by having the whole game slowdown. (SC2 Slipped on this one) To get a perfect example of what Iíam talking about, play League of Legends, Or Heroes Of Newerth. Those game online plays is super smooth and no matter how much action is going on the screen the game doesnít slow down, just your fps but not the game play. Or look at counter strike, if I had a slow computer in that game, is anyone else affected?
6. Make the game semi fast paced. Red alert 3 was a little too slow for me. I believe the community rated Red Alert 2 as their favorite game correct? So I believe the game needs to retain that faced paced action the red alert 2 had. Something around StarCraft 2. This is important to me as well.
7. Lastly, Please support your game in the long run. Take your time with this game and you guys should have SC2 in your radar. Competition is good and StarCraft is your competitor in the RTS department. I believe you guys have what it takes to make a better game just take your time with it. Delay it till 2014, who cares. The end result will be a much better product. I know you guys probably canít delay it that much because of EA or whatever but just try to take your time with it as much as you can. I believe sc2 took like around 8-10 years to make or something krazy, imagine if you guys had the same time as well? It would be a masterpiece. You donít need the same time as blizzard did with their game but I would say around 3 year development time would be good. Starcraft 1 still receives updates I believe and that game was created in 1996-7. When this game comes out. There better be updates in 4 years from when it comes out. Continuous support from Victory games.
I didnít really hit on what the units should be like, what the game setting should be or whatever. I know youíll guys will do a good job there. What I hit on was the foundation of what this game needs. I did this thread just for you guys and everyone else to discuss about. Iíll update it later on when I think of more things I think that would help. But its good the some command and conquer fans out there are still active with the forums looking for info on the new game. Thatís good. All right guys, Iíll see ya. This thread is huge. Lol