More tools and functions for replay viewing
We need some new, better functions and tools for replay viewing. For example we'd need something like:
- Play / Pause
- Slow motion (reverse, forward / with variable speed)
- Fast forward
- Record? (for those who would like to make a video out of it)
- Playback bar
- Shroud / FOW: View all / View Team x
- Player view: free / follow cam
- Stealth effect: on / off
- Zoom controls: Zoom in & out, FPS view?
- Follow unit
- View filter? : Normal, Nightvision, Thermal, Monochrome, Sepia, Negative
- Time of day: DAWN/DAY/NOON/NIGHT
- Drawing tools
- Marking tools: Flag , X O, Check, Questionmark, Base / Unit icons etc
- Fancy (but sensible) gauges for statistics
- A high-tech like UI to give that feel that you're a using military-like application that can are seen in the movies 8D
- A sorting tab for name, date, etc
- Popularity rating by two types: User, Public
- File renaming?
- Tick boxes for multi selections especially for add/ move / remove /rename actions for files?
- Folders / Directories
- Icon / Tagging system to identify certain replays: Favorites, 1v1's, co-op
This will make replay viewing a more satisfying experience, and the tools will prove useful for people who would like to make a video or media out of it.
Available tools is proportional to game engine limitations
Blizzard already have those playback functions in their Starcraft/Warcraft series. It only makes sense that other rts games should have it too imo.
http://imageshack.us/f/20/instructions2.pngStarCraft II Beta – ReplayWant to relive a particularly satisfying victory, or learn from a crushing defeat? The Replay option will show you every detail of a past game, just as it happened. (This feature can also be used as a makeshift benchmark for testing system performance settings.)
If you have any other ideas please post it here